Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: 4771 Fox St, Denver, CO 80216
Responsibilities and skills:
Victory Construction & Refrigeration provides a complete support package to the local supermarket, convenience store, and refrigerated warehouse industries. We have a long standing and mutually beneficial relationship with some of the best supermarket customers in the industry.
- Assist in the repair, install, start up, and troubleshooting of commercial refrigeration systems – primarily supermarkets
- Provide start-up and technical support to the Refrigeration Construction team.
- Provide technical support, service and assistance with Energy Management projects and Retrofits.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and proper turnover to the Refrigeration Service Department.
- This position does not report to the Refrigeration Service department, but rather the Installation Department therefore this position is NOT PART of the Refrigeration On-Call Rotation. Hours of work can vary depending on the project. Travel will be required as needed
- Must have a thorough understanding of the operations of commercial refrigeration systems, including controls.
- Must have a thorough understanding and the ability to interpret refrigeration plans and electrical schematics in order to implement a functional system while ensuring specifications are being followed.
- Diagnosing problems and make repairs to refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge of basic construction methods
- Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment
- Read blueprints to determine location, size, capacity, and type of components needed to build refrigeration system
- Operate tools, gauges and other testing equipment for refrigeration systems
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system
- Install expansion and control valves, using acetylene torches and wrenches
- Mount compressor, condenser, and other components in specified locations on frames, using hand tools and acetylene welding equipment
- Keep records of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions
- Lay out reference points for installation of structural and functional components, using measuring instruments
- Must possess strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and in teams as needed
- Good math, communication, and basic computer skills are essential
- Physical condition is important, as this job will require lifting and carrying equipment, as well as standing, kneeling or stooping for long periods of time
- Collaborate with management team to maintain RUI’s technical abilities and reputation in the marketplace
- Keep management informed of progress by keeping daily logs
- Willingly provide insight, suggestions, and methods to better RUI as a company
- Proactively take on other tasks, as needed
- Complete tasks accurately and on time
- Minimum of 7-10 years of related work experience.
- Must have EPA Certification
- Possess or obtain refrigeration electrical license in CO state
- Must have proper tools
- Willingness to travel to job sites, as requested
- Candidates must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check, as well as a search of motor vehicle records.